The Theatre Centre is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Administrative Assistant & Condo Project Coordinator
The deadline to apply is Friday, September 8th, 5pm EST.
About The Theatre Centre:
In 2014, The Theatre Centre completed a $6.2 million transformation of an iconic heritage building into a live arts hub and incubator, and a permanent home for the company.
Since that time, we’ve become known for establishing ourselves as a cultural & community hub in the heart of West Queen West. Always questioning the notion of “what can a theatre be?”, we are open and accessible every day of the week, providing a public space to the neighbourhood with free wifi, delicious coffee, and unbelievable baked goods, made in-house by our Baker-in-Residence. It’s the most dangerous thing about working here.
We continue to be known for having research & development at the heart of our artistic activities, through our long-term Residency Program. Recently among our 6 Residency companies have been a choreographer, a performance artist, and a neurologist. No two projects are alike.
The Theatre Centre has recently received funding through the Toronto Arts Council to pilot our “Condo Project”, a one-year community arts engagement project with the residents of a neighbourhood condominium.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant and Condo Project Coordinator to join our team. This is a full-time position.
• Provide administrative support to the leadership team.
• Work closely with the Business Development Director by maintaining company databases, including general public, VIP, funders and venues.
• Coordinate individual giving campaign by providing timely documentation including acknowledgement letters and receipts, and progress reports for the Fundraising Committee
• Assist the team with ongoing activities such as venue rentals, Theatre Centre productions, and the Residency Program.
• Provide full coordination support to the programming team as we launch and execute the Condo Project pilot.
• Assist the management team through scheduling, document creation, and record keeping.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Relevant post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent work experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• High attention to detail
• Ability to work collaboratively and independently within a team
• Experience in community engagement is an asset
Start date is flexible for the right candidate.
The Theatre Centre is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender and two-spirited people, First Nations, Inuit & Métis, people of colour, and people with disabilities.
The Theatre Centre is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send files as PDFs with file names in the format of LASTNAME_Firstname.pdf.
We thank all applicants who submit resumes for The Theatre Centre postings. Personal responses to inquiries are not possible, and only those considered for an interview will be contacted.