The Theatre Centre is currently accepting applications for the following position:
Business & Development Assistant
The Theatre Centre will be accepting applications and conducting interviews on a continuous
basis until the position is filled.
About The Theatre Centre:
In 2014, The Theatre Centre completed a $6.2 million transformation of an iconic heritage building into a live arts hub and incubator, and a permanent home for the company. Since that time, we’ve become known for establishing ourselves as a cultural & community hub in the heart of West Queen West. Always questioning the notion of “what can a theatre be?”, we are open and accessible every day of the week, providing a public space to the neighbourhood with free wifi, delicious coffee, and unbelievable baked goods, made in-house by our Baker-in-Residence. It’s the most dangerous thing about working here.
We continue to be known for having research & development at the heart of our artistic activities, through our long-term Residency Program. Recently among our 6 Residency companies have been a choreographer, a performance artist, and a neurologist. No two projects are alike.
The Theatre Centre is currently seeking a Business & Development Assistant to help us manage our beautiful home in the recently renovated Carnegie Library. Reporting to the Business & Development Director, this is a part-time 9-month contract until June 30 2020.
The position will involve:
• Work closely with the Business & Development Director on donor stewardship
• Coordinate appeals for the annual individual giving campaign
• Assist in writing foundation and corporate sponsorship applications
Rentals and bookings
• Coordinate rental bookings for the organization
Operations and Administration
• Support company operations in weekly bank deposits and expense reconciliation
• Maintain records for financial transactions and relevant supporting material
• Assist in HR coordination
• Excellent written and oral communication
• An organized thinker with good attention to detail
• Ability to learn quickly and willingness to take initiative in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment with a wide range of stakeholders
• Experience in performing arts would be an asset
• Some IT skills would be an asset
This is a part-time contract position until June 30, 2020.
Start date: Immediate
The Theatre Centre is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender and two-spirited people, First Nations, Inuit & Métis, people of colour, and people with disabilities.
The Theatre Centre is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send files as PDFs with file names in the format of LASTNAME_Firstname.pdf.
The Theatre Centre will be accepting applications and conducting interviews on a continuous basis until the position is filled.
Click here to download the application.
We thank all applicants who submit resumes for The Theatre Centre postings. Personal responses to inquiries are not possible, and only those considered for an interview will be contacted.