Civil Debates 3: A Preview of Controversial Statements
#CivilDebates 3: Idle No More will include a discussion of 21 controversial statements our speakers have submitted anonymously.
These will inform the section of #CivilDebates 3 that invites audience members to participate through a two minute response to any of the statements.
Read more about the Format and Speakers in #CivilDebates 3: Idle No More
Here’s a preview of 5 / 21 controversial statements:
- Electing a new, different government (Liberal, NDP, etc.) will not change the Canadian-First Nations relationship.
- Idle No More has been an urban movement.
- Harper lied in the apology.
- Confrontation is likely the key to any real change.
- The Indian Act is illegal legislation.
Debate 3: Idle No More
June 18, 2013; doors 7pm, debates 7.30pm
The Theatre Centre Pop-Up, 1095 Queen St. West, at Dovercourt
PWYC at the door. No RSVP required.
Click here for more information about the Civil Debates series in partnership between The Theatre Centre & Praxis Theatre.