March 11, 2020
The Theatre Centre is closely monitoring the recent outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19) and are following the recommendations and guidelines from authorities including Health Canada and Toronto Public Health.
We consider the health and wellbeing of our patrons and staff a top priority.
The Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as low for Canada, but we are aware that this could change. Public health risk is continually reassessed as new information becomes available.
Our building is thoroughly cleaned each evening by a professional cleaning company. As a precautionary measure, additional steps to disinfect surfaces and high-traffic areas have been implemented throughout our venue, and a hand-sanitation station is available at the entrance to the building.
Additional cleaning and disinfecting measures have been taken in the café/bar and all safe food handling methods are strictly adhered to. At this time, we will not be accepting personal reusable cups.
Currently, shows and events are going ahead as originally planned, and we will continue to follow the guidance of Health Canada and local health authorities. If the situation changes, we will inform patrons as soon as possible.
The best way to prevent infection is to avoid being exposed to this virus. Prevention measures include:
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people who are ill
• Stay home when you are ill
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then immediately throw the tissue in the garbage and wash your hands
• If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your sleeve or arm
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.