March 14, 2020
To Our Community,
We have continued to monitor the updates on COVID-19 closely. In order to ensure the health and safety of our patrons, artists, staff, volunteers, and community, The Theatre Centre has made the difficult decision to close our building to the public as of Monday, March 16, 2020 until Sunday, April 5, 2020, inclusive. We have chosen this period in line with recent recommendations announced by Toronto Public Health.
The following updates to scheduled programming are now available:
- The Toronto Sketch Comedy Festival has decided to postpone their Best of the Fest Award Show originally scheduled for Sunday, March 15
- The upcoming production of Peggy Baker Dance Projects’ her body as words has been cancelled
- All other events in The Theatre Centre Café/Bar have been postponed, including Toronto Lit Up’s Book Launch for Big, as well as Stir Crazy: A Mad/Disabled Comedy Show
Please note that The Theatre Centre Café/Bar will also be closed during this time.
This is not a decision we came to lightly. We realize the impact this will have on artists, staff, our neighbourhood, and the arts organizations we work with. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this closure, however, the health and wellbeing of the communities we serve is our top priority.
The box office will be contacting all ticket holders for her body as words with the following options:
- To convert your ticket into a donation to Peggy Baker Dance Projects. Your support can make a big impact on the company and we ask that you consider donating the value of your ticket(s) for a charitable donation receipt.
- To receive a full refund.
If you purchased tickets to Stir Crazy, the organizers will be in touch with you shortly.
During this time, we ask for your patience as we reach out to ticket buyers to process donations and returns. Any box office inquiries should be made via email to email@example.com. General inquiries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Between now and April 5, we will continue to monitor any updates and recommendations from Health Canada and Toronto Public Health. We will continue to update you with any new information, or additional changes to our operations via our website and social media.
If you are looking for additional information regarding COVID-19 and guidelines to help keep yourself and others healthy, we recommend you visit the websites linked below:
- Toronto Public Health
- Government of Canada
- World Health Organization
General and Artistic Director
The Theatre Centre