The Theatre Centre recently received some funding news and we are now able to move ahead with two new activities this year, in addition to our other programming. In light of this exciting development, The Theatre Centre is immediately accepting applications for the following contract position: Associate Producer.
The Theatre Centre will be accepting applications and interviewing on a continuous basis until the application is filled, and would like to keep the process as simple as possible. Applicants can feel free to submit existing resumes and we don’t need a cover letter (please see end of post for details).
The Associate Producer will provide producing and administrative support for hybrid performing arts projects, new works in development, and potential international touring. Reporting to the Producer and working closely with the artistic leadership team, this is a part-time contract until June 30, 2022. Currently the whole team is working remotely as much as possible, and in the theatre only as needed.
The successful candidate is an organized, independent thinker who works well in a team and understands processes; possesses both big and small picture thinking skills, strong problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, and enthusiasm for innovation in the performing arts.
The position will involve:
- Creating, reviewing and executing contracts
- International tour planning
- Creating and adhering to project budgets
- Tracking and paying invoices for multiple projects and collaborators
- Logistical project support
- Detailed email correspondence management and relationship building
- Coordinating and attending meetings – sharing details when relevant
- Creative problem solving
Applicant Qualities & Qualifications:
- Able to work effectively in a collaborative environment
- Interest in taking initiative
- The ability to identify and gather the information needed to clarify a situation
- The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and to manage project change
- Interest in improving and developing more dynamic, responsive producing methods
- Experience creating contracts and scheduling are a must
- Proficiency with Excel is a must
- Experience producing performing arts – festivals and/or international tours is an asset
- Knowledge of CAEA, ADC, PGC, IATSI and other union agreements is an asset
- Experience with Adobe, Monday.com, Dropbox, GoogleSuites are strong assets
- Excellent written and oral communication
This is a part-time contract position until June 30, 2022.
Hours: 15-30 hours/week. Schedule to be determined with the Associate Producer.
Start date: Immediate
The Theatre Centre is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender and two-spirited people, First Nations, Inuit & Métis, Black people and people of colour, and people with disabilities.
The Theatre Centre is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We would like this application to be as quick and easy for you as possible. If you are interested in this role, please send your most recent resume (please don’t spend too much time refining your existing resume – feel free to send whatever you have as is!) and a quick introductory email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please let us know where you heard about the job. Please send files as PDFs with file names in the format of LASTNAME_Firstname_AssociateProducer.pdf.
We will be accepting applications and conducting Zoom interviews on a continuous basis until the position is filled.
Thank you so much for your interest. We thank all applicants who submit resumes for The Theatre Centre postings. Personal responses to all inquiries may not be possible.