Presented by Studio 180 Theatre
A GOOD RELATIONSHIP IS WORTH A GOOD FIGHT
April 4–27, 2014
The Theatre Centre
1115 Queen Street West, Toronto
Buy Tickets Now!
Call 416-872-1212, or 1-800-461-3333 or purchase your tickets online.
John is confused.
John has broken up with his boyfriend.
John has fallen in love again… with a woman.
Mike Bartlett’s punchy comedic drama puts you ringside as John wages war with his lovers, himself and a society that demands an answer to the question, “Who am I?” Studio 180 is proud to present the Canadian premiere of Cock, introducing Toronto audiences to acclaimed playwright Mike Bartlett and the new home of The Theatre Centre.
“A smart, prickly and rewarding view of sexual and emotional confusion.” — EVENING STANDARD
In 2009, Cock premiered at the Royal Court, winning a 2010 Olivier Award. In 2012, it received its acclaimed North American premiere at the Duke in New York. Mike Bartlett is a highly prolific and successful playwright in the UK, and Cock will be the first of his works to be produced in Canada.
Studio 180 is known for acclaimed Toronto productions of such internationally significant plays as God of Carnage, Clybourne Park, The Normal Heart, Stuff Happens and – the play with which the company launched in 2002 – the Canadian premiere of The Laramie Project. Join Studio 180 and The Theatre Centre as we begin a new long-term relationship, and look forward to seeing more from this exciting company in years to come!
DIRECTED BY Joel Greenberg
FEATURING Ian D. Clark, Jessica Greenberg, Andrew Kushnir, Jeff Miller
SET & COSTUME DESIGN John Thompson
LIGHTING DESIGN Kimberly Purtell
STAGE MANAGER Robert Harding
PRODUCTION MANAGER Adrien Whan
Schedule and Pricing
$25 • Preview: April 5, 2PM
$30 • Wednesday, 1:30PM
$30 • Saturday & Sunday (except April 6), 2PM
$35 • Opening: Sunday, April 6, 2PM
$25 • Previews: April 4 & 5, 8PM
$30 • Tuesday to Thursday, 8PM
$35 • Friday & Saturday, 8PM
• Early Booking Discount – get 20% off regularly priced tickets when you book before March 30, 2014. Available for new purchases only. Quote code ROOSTER
• $25 Student/Arts Worker tickets are available for all performances, subject to availability. In-person purchases only with valid proof of student/arts worker status.
• Pay-What-You-Can (PWYC) tickets are available each Sunday, in person at The Theatre Centre’s box office, beginning at 12PM. Excludes Opening performance on Sunday, April 6.
• A group discount is available for bookings of 10 or more. Contact Roxanne at 416-962-1800 or email@example.com.
• For student groups, see Student Bookings. Recommended for Grades 11 and older.
The running time of the performance is approximately 90 minutes, with no intermission.
Beyond the Stage
Studio 180 provides opportunities to get an insider’s point of view on their work, with pre-show chats and post-show talkbacks on select performance dates. See their Beyond the Stage schedule for details.