The Theatre Centre is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Assistant Facilities Trainee – deadline to apply is 5pm, Wednesday April 8, 2015.
This is a full-time, year-long position, funded by Miziwe Biik, Aboriginal Employment & Training.
Applicants must be able to register at Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment and Training (First Nations, Inuit or Métis background) and have been recently unemployed or underemployed. Please self-identify in your application.
- Assist with Director of Facilities and Productions’ administrative coding and filing
- Draft a supplies schedule for consumables at the theatre based on first weeks shadowing Director of Facilities and Productions
- Revise and maintain a supplier database
- Work with the Director of Facilities and Productions to train on building preparation and maintenance
- Train with the Director of Facilities and Production to get a good sense of production communication and planning
- Attend meetings with residency artists and learn about creativity within building management
- Train on and assist with Winter facilities’ systems start-up
- This is an entry-level position; the successful candidate’s defining characteristic will be a strong work ethic and a pronounced interest in their training. Training will always be in close contact with The Director of Facilities and Productions until the trainee demonstrates comfort and aptitude for further responsibilities.
- Good organization habits
- An interest in facility management, especially as it pertains to theatre or performing arts would be an asset
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel; Email)
How To Apply:
Please submit a pdf of your cover letter and resume by email to: email@example.com by 5pm, Wednesday, April 8th, 2015. Please save pdfs as LastnameFirstname.pdf, and include Assistant Facilities Trainee in the subject line.
There is an additional form to complete for Miziwe Biik, Aboriginal Employment & Training Services. We will send this form to eligible applicants upon receipt of your cover letter & resume.
We thank all applicants who submit resumes for The Theatre Centre postings. Personal responses to inquiries are not possible, and only those considered for an interview will be contacted.