July 14th, 2015 was an evening of fun, food and frivolity as we wrapped our first session of Teens Talk Theatre, a program run in partnership with The Theatre Centre and Mammalian Diving Reflex. The Theatre Centre teens-in-residence presented hand made trophies to artists near and far during their awards ceremony, honouring the best, most eye opening, disturbing, on fleek, and emotionally charged shows they saw over a 6 month period. There were songs, video acceptances sent from Los Angeles, Berlin, Israel, South Africa, and the UK, a Best Artistic Director Showdown, and food for the audience themed to accompany each award.
14 teens-in-residence +
22 hand crafted trophies +
35 guests +
770 individually portioned tasty treats
= 1 incredible Teens Talk Theatre Awards Ceremony
Have a look at these pictures of the event, a few video acceptances, and the full list of winners below. Stay tuned for the launch of our next round of Teens Talk Theatre this fall!!
Images (top to bottom):
- Dinner included a smorgasbord of themed food including a single cherry for the First Naked Body I’ve Ever Seen in Person Award and Hickory Sticks representing the plank of wood used in Meher Awachri’s D-Sisyphe.
- A selection of the 22 handmade trophies awarded that evening.
- Lasasha and Kiam singing their introduction to the ceremony: “ You’re not getting a new car, not a Benz and not a Ford, we invite all your smiles, while we hand you these awards”
- Ilya Domnanov accepting The Highest Shorts Award in his garden in Israel. Ilya was in the cast of Marathon, performed at The Theatre Centre as part of Progress festival in February 2015.
- Paul Bates accepting the Best Comedy to Confuse a Teenager award for his performance as part of “the oldest living father-son Cajun music duo” in The Williamson Playboys, part of The Toronto Comedy Sketch Festival at The Theatre Centre in March 2015.
- Adam Paolozza performing the song Rimini by Fabrizio de Andre, featured in his show Paolozzapedia, part of The RISER Project at The Theatre Centre in May 2015.
- Sharay and Virginia fawning over the glory of Tara Grammy while they present Most on Fleek Actress Ever / “Woman Crush of the Year” Award for her performance in Mahmoud, part of The RISER Project at The Theatre Centre in May 2015.
- Teens In Residence enjoy the acceptance videos