a.ka. the intimate one
The BMO Incubator is our most intimate performance space located on the ground floor next to the Theatre Centre Café/Bar.
Don’t let its size fool you – the BMO incubator is an incredibly versatile space! This is due to the large “pit” that takes up the majority of the space. The “pit” is located in the centre of the room about 2 feet below the concrete border and has a black painted masonite semi-sprung floor. Thanks to this architecture, the BMO Incubator has built-in levels, and allows for a multitude of unique, accessible, set-ups.
The Incubator’s intimate nature lends itself to strong, innovative, unusual work that engages the audience in close quarters.
- Intimate and versitile
- Nothing (including seating) is pre-set
- The “pit” is 2 feet deep with a black painted masonite semi-sprung floor
- The concrete border around the “pit” is gray (not black)
- The audience can be placed anywhere in the room as long as it remains accessible; talk to the Director of Facilities and Production to learn more
- Directly beneath the Franco Boni Theatre (below grade level)
- Standard audience configuration is 40-80 seated.
- Can reconfigure audience (at cost)
- Playing space (standard configuration) is X’ x X’
- Grid Height XXX
Our subsidized rental rates for not for profit theatre companies are $1,800/week. Please contact us for all other rates.
- Shared access to dressing room & green room area
- 35 hours of technician time each week
- Incubator Inventory (lighting and sound equipment)
- Box Office Services?
- Front of house and cafe staffing?
other stages and spaces
The Theatre Centre is home to a gallery, green roof, café, Little Free Library, and two performance spaces available to rent for rehearsals, readings, workshops, performances, book launches, and birthday parties.