Franco Boni Theatre
a.ka. the big one
The Franco Boni Theatre is our largest performance space, on the building’s upper level next to the Gallery.
It has a sprung floor covered with black-painted Masonite. Some of its distinctive features include high ceilings, tall windows facing Queen Street and the buildings to our East and West, architectural wall and ceiling textures, and a heritage double door at the North side of the building.
Its seating areas, technical inventory, and stage layout are not fixed, which gives artists many flexible options for use. Whether they keep the space wide open, or draw it close for intimacy, many have found the Franco Boni Theatre a complimentary venue for their work, whether that is presented in the round, as an environmental installation, or in the ‘fourth wall’ style.
- The largest performance space
- Fully customizable playing space
- (changes to the configuration may incur extra costs)
- Natural light and windows with blackout blinds built in
- Heritage doors
- Black painted masonite sprung floor
- Fully accessible
- Standard audience configuration is 140 seated.
- Can reconfigure audience (at cost)
- Playing space (standard configuration) is 38’ x 22’
- Grid Height 19’ – 1”
Our subsidized rental rates for not for profit theatre companies are $4500 per week. Please contact us for all other rates.
- Room rental
- Shared access to dressing room & green room area
- 35 hours of technician time each week
- Franco Boni Inventory (lighting and sound equipment)
- Box Office and Front of House services
other stages and spaces
The Theatre Centre is home to a gallery, green roof, café, Little Free Library, and two performance spaces available to rent for rehearsals, readings, workshops, performances, book launches, and birthday parties.